458 Monterey Avenue, Oak Bay Victoria, BC
I just finished uploading this House for sale, 458 Monterey Avenue, Victoria, BC
Rare character South Oak Bay house for sale, only a minute to the ocean (McNeil Bay) and pebble beach. "I don't think there's another property in Oak Bay with an Accessory Building this big and complete" says Lola the local know it all. I think she might be right. Notwithstanding the fact that this lovely two story home with garage is only two houses from Beach Drive and has the Park across the street and all the amenities of Oak Bay steps away; it might just be the Studio that pulls the whole thing together. The Main House is solid and well appointed with tree bedrooms and two bathrooms. Traditional in layout, comfortable and welcoming in style. Anyway, also found on the large corner lot is a three room, with two piece bathroom, office/media space. Gas heat, Covered Deck, six year old Parker Johnston Roof. A lovely home with a possible great place to work. The best of all worlds.
Oak Bay Municipality has regulations for homebased businesses.
Residential businesses must conform to the Zoning Bylaw Section 4.2.8, which is summarized below;
- Written consent of the property owner must be obtained before a residential business is permitted to operate from residentially zoned premises.
- Maximum of two residential businesses may be carried on in a single dwelling unit.
- No signs relating to a residential business are permitted to be erected on the premises.
- Except for music instruction and school tuition, the premise of a residential business cannot receive visitations from persons relating to the business.
- Only one student at a time is permitted on the premises for supplementary school tuition or the instruction of music.
- Other than a family member who resides in the dwelling unit, only one other non-resident employee may be employed or engaged in a residential business at the premises.
- Only one non-resident employee is permitted to be on the premises of a residential business at any one time.
- No merchandise is permitted to be displayed, sold or purchased on the premise of a residential business.
- Delivery or shipment of merchandise or merchandise components, repair parts or business supplies by a commercial vehicle is prohibited.
- Any noise (noise over 40 decibels) vibrations, smoke, vapors or electrical interference is prohibited.
- The operation of commercial workshops or manufacturing facilities in a residential business is prohibited.
Please check for yourself if this is of interest to you. The Corporation of the District of Oak Bay is located at 2167 Oak Bay Avenue, Victoria BC, V8R 1G2. www.oakbaybc.org The telephone number is: 250.598.3311 for any of your questions.
Below is a map to help you see the distance from this home for sale located at (A) 458 Monterey Avenue, Oak Bay Victoria, BC to (B) Victoria Golf Club located at 1110 Beach Drive, Oak Bay Victoria, BC and (C) Oak Bay Marina located 1327 Beach Drive, Oak Bay Victoria, BC V8S 2N4. The Marina has a restaurant with a sushi section as well as a coffee shop located below. If you want to enjoy dinner with a view this is the place to go in Oak Bay. Soon the Luxury Oak Bay Beach Hotel will have its grand re-opening and then you will have more great choices to enjoy. I hope this helps you learn a little more about this neighborhood. Everything is quite close. A great after dinner exercise is strolling along the ocean walkway.