458 Monterey Avenue, South Oak Bay, Victoria, BC
- Property Value$799,000 CAD
- Sold on 2011-06-27
- Property Address458 Monterey Avenue, South Oak Bay, Victoria, BC, V8S 4T7, Canada
- Parking2 cars
- Year Built1940
- Taxes$4,422 CAD.
- Living Area3,058 sq.ft.
- Lot Frontage84 ft
- Lot Depth130 ft
- Lot Size Area10,881 sq.ft.
- Bathrooms2 full & 1 half
- School DistrictMargaret Jenkins, Monterey, Oak Bay
South Oak Bay
458 Monterey Avenue, South Oak Bay, Victoria, BC, V8S 4T7, Canada
Rare character South Oak Bay house for sale, only a minute to the ocean (McNeil Bay) and pebble beach. "I don't think there's another property in Oak Bay with an Accessory Building this big and complete" says Lola the local know it all. I think she might be right. Notwithstanding the fact that this lovely two story home with garage is only two houses from Beach Drive and has the Park across the street and all the amenities of Oak Bay steps away; it might just be the Studio that pulls the whole thing together. The Main House is solid and well appointed with tree bedrooms and two bathrooms. Traditional in layout, comfortable and welcoming in style. Anyway, also found on the large corner lot is a three room, with two piece bathroom, office/media space. Gas heat, Covered Deck, six year old Parker Johnston Roof. A lovely home with a possible great place to work. The best of all worlds.
Oak Bay Municipality has regulations for homebased businesses.
Residential businesses must conform to the Zoning Bylaw Section 4.2.8, which is summarized below;
- Written consent of the property owner must be obtained before a residential business is permitted to operate from residentially zoned premises.
- Maximum of two residential businesses may be carried on in a single dwelling unit.
- No signs relating to a residential business are permitted to be erected on the premises.
- Except for music instruction and school tuition, the premise of a residential business cannot receive visitations from persons relating to the business.
- Only one student at a time is permitted on the premises for supplementary school tuition or the instruction of music.
- Other than a family member who resides in the dwelling unit, only one other non-resident employee may be employed or engaged in a residential business at the premises.
- Only one non-resident employee is permitted to be on the premises of a residential business at any one time.
- No merchandise is permitted to be displayed, sold or purchased on the premise of a residential business.
- Delivery or shipment of merchandise or merchandise components, repair parts or business supplies by a commercial vehicle is prohibited.
- Any noise (noise over 40 decibels) vibrations, smoke, vapors or electrical interference is prohibited.
- The operation of commercial workshops or manufacturing facilities in a residential business is prohibited.
Please check for yourself if this is of interest to you. The Corporation of the District of Oak Bay is located at 2167 Oak Bay Avenue, Victoria BC, V8R 1G2. www.oakbaybc.org The telephone number is: 250.598.3311 for any of your questions.
Lafayette Park located across the street.
Margaret Jenkins Elementary School (1824 Fairfield Road) and Monterey Middle School (851 Monterey Avenue) are within walking distance.
Oak Bay Secondary School is located in North Oak Bay on 2151 Cranmore Avenue.
De'lish Fine Foods & Catering is located at 677 St. Patrick Street in South Oak Bay on a quiet residential street - you can walk there to enjoy a cappuccino, fresh bread, have a great lunch and also offers dinners to go. A must to check out...
Oak Bay Village offers numerous banks and shopping:
BMO (Bank of Montreal)
Scotia Bank and Trust
TD Canada Trust
Ottavio - Italian Bakery and Delicatessen
Starbucks Coffee on Oak Bay Avenue
*Oak Bay Bistro (the newest addition on the 'Avenue' in the Oak Bay Village
Penny Farthing Neighborhood Pub
Fairways Food Market (delivery available)
Oak Bay Pharmasave
Greater Victoria Public Library (Oak Bay Branch)
Individual Dry Cleaners
Ted Harrison Studio
Oak Bay Cobbler
Prestige Picture Framing
Ramsey & Ramsey Flower Merchants
University of Victoria is only a bus ride away.
Listing Provided By
Royal LePage Coast Capital Realty-Oak Bay
Copyright and Disclaimer
This listing information was not sourced in its entirety from the Victoria Real Estate Board's MLS® System.
- Brenda Russell
- Mobile: 250.744.4556
- Toll-free: 1.800.550.0585
- Fax: 250.592.6600
- Email: email@example.com
- Royal Lepage Coast Capital Realty Oak Bay
- 208 - 2187 Oak Bay Avenue
- Victoria, BC
- V8R 1G1