Oak Bay Update
Oak Bay Artists' Studio Tour November 20 & 21
Today and tomorrow Oak Bay welcomes you to the eleventh annual Oak Bay Artists' Studio fall tour. It is a self guided-free event prensented by Oak Bay Recreation. Both days starting at noon until 4:30pm, I believe there are twenty homes throughtout Oak Bay to enjoy art. I have listed the names of the artists participating and their websites below.
1. Leslie Redhead - 2175 Guernsey Street located in South Oak Bay - 250.984.1327 www.leslieredheadart.blogspot.com
Leslie invites you into her studio to view her award winning paintings. Her work inlcudes figures, landscapes and poured watercolours.
2. Bruce Vallance - 590 St. Patrick Street located in South Oak Bay - 250.598.0880
Retiring after thirty years as a potter, Bruce has turned his full attention to painting. Bruce lists the Group of Seven, Interpol, the National, the impressionists, Lady Gaga and home roasted coffee as some of his influences.
3. Paul Shepherd - 957 Bing Street located in South Oak Bay - 250.592.8419
Expressive acrylic landscapes, large and small, draw from local scenery and rendered in the restrained shades of the coast. Also a selection of paintings inspired by travels in Canada and abroad.
4. Erik Thorn, B.E.A. 1164 St. Patrick Street located in South Oak Bay - 250.598.5787
"My work, mostly in acrylic, reflects my love of colour, natural patterns and details." Exhibition and works in Canada, Scandinavia, France, and New Zealand.
5. Marion Evamy - 1183 Oliver Street located in South Oak Bay - 250.294.6864 www.marionevamy.com
Infused with radiant jewel tones and unique applications, Marion's award winning canvases portray mystery and whimsy...don't miss this "favorite" studio destination.
6. Pat Hindmarch-Watson - 2090 Brighton Avenue located in South Oak Bay - 250.590.2090 www.patriciahw.ca
Bold acrylic paintings and photographic works cover the walls of Pat's studio. Her explorations with rock imagery continues with new works from new stones.
7. Paul Redchurch - 1580 Monterey Avenue located in North Oak Bay - 250.592.0456
"No fancy words or descriptions - I let my watercolurs and acrylics speak for themselves. Come and 'see' what they 'say to you."
Seasonal Cards displayed as well.
8. Bonnie-Anne Goodwin - 1871 St. Anne Street located in North Oak Bay - 250.592.0832
Bonnie has traveled and lived in many different countries where she collected antique and spiritual beads. She is home now creating unique bracelets and necklaces which will bring health and harmony into your life.
9. Flo-Elle Watson - 1871 St. Ann Street located in North Oak Bay - 250.592.0832
In the creative hands of Flo-Elle, the century old tradition of China painting is given life. Each piece is a permanet non-toxic and functional piece of art.
10. Imke Pearson - 2525 Cranmore Road located in North Oak Bay - 250.592.7657
"I hope to inspire studio visitors with my watercolours of "jellybean" houses of Newfoundland, equally colourful acrylics of terraced landscapes and unique, abstract monotypes."
11. Ron Douglas - 1757 Armstrong Avenue located in North Oak Bay (between Cubbon Place and Cranmore Road) 250.598.8769 www.douglaspottery.com
Visit Ron's Creekside Pottery Studio to find works of high quality, craftsmanship and design. Enjoy traditional favorites and special items to adorn the festive table.
12. Marshall Hugh Kaiser - 1766 Armstong Avenue located in North Oak Bay (between Cubbon Place and Cranmore Road) - 250.384.1032 A collection of dramatic seascapes in oil on canvas spanning eight years of exploration between the Atlantic and Pacific coasts.
13. Jean Betts - 2215 Florence Street located in North Oak Bay - 250.595.2726
Jean's work reflects time spent weaving in Japan. She creates decorative and funcitonal textiles with an emphasis on detail. Woven, spun and dyed with natural materials.
14. Joan Turner - 1900 Bowker Place located in North Oak Bay - 250.592.7757
Joan invites you to come and view her new acrylic paintings-vibrant colours and a looser style. Enjoy tea and cookies too!
15. Joanie McCorry - 1900 Bowker Place located in North Oak Bay - 250.294.1944 www.peridotulips.com
Visit Joanie to discover the new magic she has created via her three dimensional paper castings, collages and photos of Oak Bay and beyond. New greeting cards on display.
16. Jill Alexander - 2032 Beach Drive located in North Oak Bay close to Willows Beach - 250.884.2405 www.jillalexanderart.com
Jill paints the beauty of the local scenery with soft pastels on sanded paper. New to the Oak Bay artist community, she welcomes you to see her work.
17. Ingrid Fawcett - 2386 Dalhousie Street located in North Oak Bay - 250.595.0025
Join Ingrid in her studio, where she captures the florals of the local gardens in her big, bold, vibrant acrylics. Her canvas bouquets bursts forth with colour.
18. Claire Christinel - 2347 Hamiota Street located in North Oak Bay - 250.595.6502 www.gallerydir.com/clairechristinel and http://clairechristinelart.blogsport.com
Welcome! Come and enjoy Claire's vibrant still lifes, landscapes, and scenes of France, in oils and acrylics. Lots of small gems and gift cards too.
19. Avis Rasmussen - 2576 Estevan Avenue lcoated in the Estevan area of Oak Bay - 250.598.3188
Avis's chapbook, "Take Five Coast to Coast," illustrated with 2010 reduction linoprints plus other chapbooks, cards and jazz linoprints will be shown. See her U.K. paints of Winchester Galleries on Oak Bay Avenue in the Village.
20. Donna Ion - 2682 Topp Avenue located in North Oak Bay - 250.592.4202 www.gallerydir.com/donnaion
"Come and see my fresh, contemporary style of acrylic painting applied to our beautiful west coast forests. A work is successful if it elicits memories and emotions from viewers of their own personal landscapes."
21. Pam Stonehouse - 2995 Westdowne Road located in the Henderson Area of Oak Bay - 250.298.4218
Photographic images of nature; trees, ocean, animals and flowers. Pam is inspired by the surrounding shorelines, Gulf Islands, forest paths and gardens.
22. Victor Lotto - 2605 Cotswold Road located in the Uplands area of Oak Bay off Uplands Road - 250.592.3585 www.victorlotto.ca Victoria is an award winning artist who paints in acrylics and watercolours. His work is in private collections in Canada and abroad.
I hope this is helpful for you, enjoy your weekend and look for the Spring 2010 Oak Bay Artist Tour scheduled for April 16 and 17, 2011.
If you are looking to relocate into Victoria or the Oak Bay area please call me direct at 250.744.4556. If I can help, be happy to. Please stay tuned for more Oak Bay updates!